The very first Italian gelato portal, for both gelato makers and gelato lovers
. . . .
The coffee talent show, based on an idea by Italian champion barista Francesco Sanapo, in collaboration with SIGEP - Rimini Fiera and with the patronage of the SCAE, which will be held in May 2016.
In May 2016, Brazil, the world´s largest coffee producer, will host the third edition of Barista & Farmer, the most ´special´ international talent show dedicated to the promotion and culture of excellent coffee. The format is based on an idea by Francesco Sanapo, multi award-winning champion barista, in collaboration with Rimini Fiera´s SIGEP - International Exhibition of artisan Gelato, Confectionery and Bakery production - and with the patronage of the Speciality Coffee Association of Europe (SCAE). The coffee talent show will give 10 baristas, selected by a panel of judges among the numerous applications that are arriving, the possibility of living for 10 days as coffee producers (pickers) in the country of origin, with coffee companies: from picking on the plantation, through all the stages of its processing, using the various technologies, to the experience of tasting and all the opportunities for consumption. Participation in the contest is open to all baristas, roasters and other workers in the coffee sector with barista skills, as long as they are not minors. To participate in the casting for selection, aspiring contestants must upload their CV, a short letter motivating their application and a short presentation video in English (the for-mat´s official language) in the ´casting´ area of www.baristafarmer.com (further info is available on the Web site). The 10 finalists, of ten different nationalities, will be selected by a mixed jury: 40% will be the votes of a jury formed by members of the public, which can express its preference for the chosen candidate via Web, whereas the remaining 60% will depend on the opinion of the Barista & Farmer technical jury. The finalists will be presented at Rimini Fiera during SIGEP 2016 (23 - 27 January 2016; www.sigep.it). Barista & Farmer is SIGEP´s unique innovative education & competition project. The 10 finalists will be woken at dawn and pass the morning on the plantation, picking coffee beans, then in the afternoon they will attend the Barista & Farmer Academy, a very special multi-discipline school, at which all the lecturers are great professionals from the sector. Participants will have the opportunity of receiving all-round training, from the sector´s top experts, on the various aspects of the complex coffee chain, by means of the Academy´s comprehensive program, which includes SCAE lessons. As well as work and study, there will also be enjoyment and amusement, with thematic games and competitions, along with local authorities and personalities, and contests in which coffee will be prepared in a unique way, showing new tasting opportunities and habits. On the YouTube channel and ´Barista & Farmer´ social network pages it is possible to view and experience once again the most exciting and important moments of the previous edition. Barista & Farmer is a project by Francesco Sanapo, in partnership with Rimini Fiera - SIGEP - International Exhibition of artisan Gelato, Confectionery and Bakery production and with the patronage of the SCAE Speciality Coffee Association of Europe. Barista e Farmer´ Press office Sara Chiarello (+39 329 9864843) and Davide Agazzi (+393288330716) email@example.com SIGEP PRESS CONTACTS Rimini Fiera SpA Communication & Media Relations Service +39 0541 744510 firstname.lastname@example.org
This website runs Kalì Corporate CMS